OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

OHDSI virtual study-a-thon to support COVID-19 response, to take place 26-29Mar2020...Collaborators wanted!

@CraigSachson I also registered and haven’t gotten any emails from @MSTeams. Is it possible to check and make sure I’m registered? I seem to be having some problems receiving the emails–it might be better to use my personal email, juliannamkohler@gmail.com.

@julie_kohler I’m sorry you didn’t get an email yet … I’ve reached out and asked them to retry with your new email. Please check there. Thank you!

Thank you, @CraigSachson!

Hi Chiara, please loop me into this, as you might know we’ve launched a US-based consortium, the COVID-19 and Cancer Consortium and are in process of adding international partners. Working directly with Michael Gurley towards making our survey OMOP-compatible.

Best,
Jeremy

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m trying to run “Covid19CohortEvaluation” package using R studio at my end. I encountered connection issue. I usually connect IMAPLA server using the following codes
require(odbc)
require(implyr)
require(dplyr)

driver <- odbc::odbc()
impala <- src_impala(drv = driver, dsn = “IMPALA_PROD”)

Now the package use the following code to connect impala, I got error message.
connectionDetails <- createConnectionDetails(dbms = “odhc”,
server = Sys.getenv(“ua00745pk.abbvienet.com”),
user = “xxxxx”,
password = “xxxxx”,
port = Sys.getenv(“21050”),
schema = “rwd_p_omop_truven_commercial_cdm2”)
conn <- connect(connectionDetails)
dbGetQuery(conn, “SELECT COUNT(*) FROM person”)

Here is error message I got
Error in (function (classes, fdef, mtable) :
unable to find an inherited method for function ‘dbGetQuery’ for signature ‘“NULL”, “character”’

May you give me some suggestions how to solve the error? Thank you very much!

Your code shows you use a connectionDetails object that is not defined? Please call createConnectionDetails first.

Can you try instead using

connectionDetails <- createConnectionDetails(dbms = "impala",
server = Sys.getenv("ua00745pk.abbvienet.com"),
user = "xxxxx",
password = "xxxxx",
port = Sys.getenv("21050"),
schema = "rwd_p_omop_truven_commercial_cdm2")

Craig,

I am Qin Ryan, a new member of OHDSI, introduced by Dr. Ana Szarfman. I am a hematologist/oncologist who works at FDA reviewing efficacy and safety on new therapies. It will be my honor to contribute to ACE-COVID 19 work stream. Presently, I am having some issues with the OHDSI web site to join the discussion and meeting. Please let me know how I can navigate through and contribute?

Thank you very much!

Qin

Please send an email to ohdsi-support@mi-erasmusmc.nl

I am Qin Ryan, a new member of OHDSI, introduced by Dr. Ana Szarfman. I am a hematologist/oncologist who works at FDA reviewing efficacy and safety on new therapies. It will be my honor to contribute to ACE-COVID 19 work stream. Presently, I am having some issues with the OHDSI web site to join the discussion and meeting. I am still trying to iron out some technical issues in joining Microsoft team meetings. Please let me know how I can work through the system and contribute? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Jeremy, thank you for the information, I was just reading about it! Great! I will loop you in. C

Hi, Everyone.

I wanted to reach out to this group about potential for collaboration. I’m the PI on a large, patient-centric outcomes registry called BEAT19: Behvavior, Environment, and Treatments for COVID19. The study web site is beat19.org. We received IRB-approval a bit over a week ago and are already enrolling and collecting longitudinal data on people with known or suspected COVID-19, as well as anyone else who wants to join. The goal is to understand the time course of symptoms development in relation to behavioral, environment factors and medical and medication-associated modifiers. This was a rapidly moving and primarily volunteer effort and we intend to make the de-identified data available to researchers. More details at the Web site. Let me know if you would like to help or collaborate.

Be safe and be well!

Mark

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the wonderful opening message and information. Hi, my name is Bob Ryan and I was introduced by Drs. Ana Szarfman and Qin Ryan. I am a biochemist, human molecular geneticist and researcher by training. I was primarily a bench scientist for many years, yet often working on patient samples and connected through bench to bedside means. A few years ago, as President and CEO of a public company, I helped rescue several companies and enable a new pancreatic cancer treatment to be moved forward. I’m extremely interested in the COVID-19 issue, particularly in regard to potential predictions of infection, recovery, death, and connections to treatments. I’m especially interested in providing accurate, boiled-down, and valuable actual and predictive information that can be understood by the general public.

Cheers,
Bob

Robert F. Ryan, MS, EMBA, PhD

See further details&developments in this Forum post:

Cheers,
Chiara

Dear Patrick,

Let us join forces to fight the coronavirus epidemic.

Charles Auffray

President

European Institute for Systems Biology and Medicine (EISBM)

www.eisbm.org

Hi,

I am an MD/PhD student in biomedical informatics at Brown University. While our data sources aren’t currently on the OMOP CDM we are in the process of aggregating a COVID-19 dataset for the state of Rhode Island. Given the time-sensitive nature of these efforts, would it be possible to start a subgroup that could help potential collaborators onboard COVID datasets? In particular, it would be helpful if we could prioritize data elements that have been shown to be promising based on the preliminary study-a-thon results.

Best,

Aaron

Hi @aeisman,

This is great - thank you for reaching out! Please feel free to ping me (gregory.klebanov@odysseusinc.com) and @krfeeney and we can all discuss how we can help

1 Like

We currently have 100+ studies created and 25 running COVID-19 studies. We are exploring how to best standardize the data in those studies and I’d love to better understand how we can apply the amazing work that’s being done here to prospectively collected datasets.

Best wishes,

Derk Arts, MD PhD
CEO Castor EDC

Hi Aaron,

I was working with Dr. Gregory Jay, Nicholas Asselin, and a few others on setting up an OMOP warehouse for the state’s emergency medical service (EMS) linked to Rhode Island Hospital’s EHR data in 2018. You can give me a call or contact me at mkwong@tuftsmedicalcenter.org if this might help what you are doing.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m a research fellow at School of Public Health and Community Medicine at UNSW Sydney working with @TengLiaw. If possible, I would like to contribute to the phenotyping and characterisation studies. My email is z3339253@unsw.edu.au.

Thanks,
Jitendra

t