OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

OHDSI virtual study-a-thon to support COVID-19 response, to take place 26-29Mar2020...Collaborators wanted!

Working on that.

Exactly. Will create alternative outcome cohorts (= endpoints) and study potential discrepancies.

2 Likes

The registration form says that no further registrations for the study-a-thon are possible :confused: is that correct or a technical error?

I have the same question since it is being locked. How to contribute to the StudyAThon?

I would also like to be able to contribute terminology support from CIEL if it is still possible. I am coordinating with other COVID response, but would like to be able drop in to help out on the ETL or terminology challenges.

It seems that Google form is not active any more. Is that intentional? Is there still a way to join on March 24?

Hi @ZKostic, unfortunately, registration has closed on the study-a-thon. However, this is only the beginning of OHDSI’s research agenda around the COVID-19 pandemic. You can get a sense of the planned studies from this recent forum post, and then follow along on the forum, our COVID-19 updates page, or on our Twitter or LinkedIn feeds. We hope you will consider collaborating with our community on the many future efforts to support healthcare decision-making.

Best,
Craig

Hi @Qubit,
Unfortunately, registration has closed on the study-a-thon. However, this is only the beginning of OHDSI’s research agenda around the COVID-19 pandemic. You can get a sense of the planned studies from this recent forum post, and then follow along on the forum, our COVID-19 updates page, or on our Twitter or LinkedIn feeds. We hope you will consider collaborating with our community on the many future efforts to support healthcare decision-making.

Best,
Craig

Hi @CJ_Hameed,
Unfortunately, registration has closed on the study-a-thon. However, this is only the beginning of OHDSI’s research agenda around the COVID-19 pandemic. You can get a sense of the planned studies from this recent forum post, and then follow along on the forum, our COVID-19 updates page, or on our Twitter or LinkedIn feeds. We hope you will consider collaborating with our community on the many future efforts to support healthcare decision-making.

Best,
Craig

1 Like

Hi @Andy_Kanter,

Best,
Craig

Hi everyone,

Thank you for this great initiative! I am Lotte Geys and I work as a community manager for the Multiple Sclerosis Data Alliance (MSDA).
To reduce symptoms in MS patients, disease-modifying therapies (DMT’s) are given, but these therapies are often immune-suppressants. Since we would like to inform our MS patients (whether or not infected with SARS-COV2) in the best possible way about whether they should stop or change their DMT’s, we have the following urgent question:
Is there an increased risk of severe COVID-19 outcomes when using immune-suppressing drugs?

Apart from MS patients there are of course other immunocompromised patients. It would be of interest if anyone could share his/her experience with COVID19 in patients suffering from other immune-diseases on different medications as well, or oncology patients that are immune-suppressed.

Additionally, will we be able to ask and discuss such questions during the COVID-19 study-a-thon of the upcoming days?

Thanks!

Hi Patrick, I have registered this study group. But I did not get an email from Microsoft Teams OHDSI-COVID-19 with instructions for how to log on. May you or other team member send me that invitation email. My email is weihua.gao@abbvie.com. Thanks!

Hi @gaowx3, I have reached out to the group running the @MSTeams account and asked them to re-send the email. It might be in the morning, though. I do see you registered, so you are in.

Thank you for the prompt response!

The Korean government launched the distributed research network project for COVID-19
#opendata4covid19

5 Likes

It is spectacular for the Korean government to do this! It will be a great help for the entire world and hopefully accelerate the control of COVID-19. Everyone everywhere is waiting for the evidence that the data will generate. OHDSI is very pleased to assist them in analyzing the data.

Thank you Chan. This is a great resource. Can you only access the data via R and SAS or can you also use other tools? ML? NLP? Python?

Is it the Korean Government, or Chan convincing the Korean Government? :slight_smile:
Either way: it’s an example for the world.

1 Like

That’s great news Chan! Do you know when it will be available and how individuals can get access?

Hi everyone!

Apparently there has been some oncology-related questions during the OHDSI COVID-19 studyathon, so this message is mainly for those people interested in COVID&CANCER:

The OncologyWG is organizing a Covid-Oncology use case session next week to mainly:

1.  Assess available data on COVID-19 in relation to cancer;

2.  Overview the clinical use cases on cancer patients in relation with COVID-19;

3.  Identify matches between data and use case, and an action plan to perform a study.

In case you’re interested in contributing or you’d like to know more about it, feel free to drop me a message!

Cheers,
Chiara

1 Like

@CraigSachson I also registered and haven’t gotten any emails from @MSTeams. Is it possible to check and make sure I’m registered? I seem to be having some problems receiving the emails–it might be better to use my personal email, juliannamkohler@gmail.com.

t