OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Ohdsi @ himss 18

Hi all,

Just wondering who is going to HIMSS this year. Would be good to develop a bit of strategy for increasing OHDSI visibility and promoting the use of OMOP amongst the swells at HIMSS. I’m also going to start a Slack channel for on-the-fly activities.

Let me know!

Jon

ps. Oh, and maybe a low key booth like this?

5 Likes

You used AI to mask the OHDSI logo on that scene, eh? My friend, you are a genius.

@jon_duke:

I am. Trying to get a feeling if there is appetite for OHDSI-type analytics at the providers. How about yourself?

:joy: @jon_duke, I appreciate you using that time machine of yours to see what OHDSI 2020 looks like!

A few of my colleagues will be there alongside our AWS colleagues. Hope they cross paths with you!

Now if only we could find $100k in the OHDSI family couch. This vision could become a reality. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I love idea of having an OHDSI family couch! We could watch high-quality reproducible movies with the whole gang!

@Christian_Reich I don’t get a sense that people will be buying into OHDSI-delivered analytics at HIMSS, but there is certainly lots of interest in OMOP. There may be some interoperable companies out there (i.e., all using OMOP) that don’t even realize they are interoperable!

What’s the difference between OMOP and OHDSI here? CDM vs tools?

Who do you have in mind? Vendors or hospital systems?

And this guy.

Do you know them?

@pcandyf: Did you mean to hyperlink the “guy”?

No, I was trying to find out if we knew who was coordinating any meet up at HIMSS but part sent a message by mistake - Appologies.

Do you know if anything is being planned for HIMSS?

This makes this initiative even more important. 'Market research' for a potentially cool community activity for our academic partners (and others)

HIMSS is a great networking opportunity and it is a fantastic show to view, understand, and compare new and upcoming products or trends; but the marketing push with non-standard vocabulary and aggressive marketing makes interpretation difficult.

So, the education coversation above maybe another OMOP vocabulary opportunity where we crosswalk non-standard to Standard vocabulary.

t