OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

[OHDSI Covid19] Literature review on Covid treatment safety and efficacy

For the Antiviral Group:

Hi Everyone

This is quite undertaking, so I’d suggest the following option to reduce the demand:

• On the left hand side column in Rayyan you’ll see further down a section called ‘Keywords to include’, which has an ‘Add new’ section, so I added in the safety search:
    • Coronavirus
    • SARS
    • SARS-CoV-2
    • COVID-19
    • COVID 19
    • Pneumonia
  • I’m not sure if they show in only my view
  • I then clicked each in turn and checked through the papers found
  • A quick scan of the vast majority left and excluded nearly all
  • You can clear the use of the inclusion terms (it says ‘clear’ in the box title when you click a term), and also loo at the Inclusion Decisions box at the top to keep a tally, but also go to e.g. Undecided alone

I think this will expedite the search much more quickly! I think otherwise it will be just quite challenging against our timelines (and without going ga-ga).

If anyone has a problem with this, let me know.

Best,

Nige.

Hi All, I know you have already met and have developed a plan for this literature review. However, I wanted to make you all aware of this nice resource put together by the NIH/NLM compiling literature on COVID-19/SARS-COV-2. You might want to include this site in your search for new articles on potential treatments for the virus. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/research/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR3VFuE3ENFkCi1t3Ri4PK6C3D_lJVhuFvRFoofxvHDaZW7COZrLwwwaFYs

Great progress has been made over the weekend. I’m contacting those who have been involved so far to take both the DMARD and antiviral groups to the next stages. Anyone who hasnt yet been involved but wishes to be, please do get in touch! The antiviral group has a call later today

Best wishes
Jenny

For the Antiviral Group:

Thanks for all your hard work and appreciate your ongoing efforts.

Notes have been emailed and the recording of our call is here.

Do keep in touch as we move to the next stage tomorrow, and let’s speak on Wednesday.

Best,

Nige.

t