OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

NOMESCO procedure codes to SNOMED

Hello,

We are mapping Nordic Chirurgical codes (NOMESCO, reference) to SNOMED procedures. This is a huge amount of work as there are over 6000 NOMESCO codes. We would like to know if anybody else is working with the NOMESCO vocabulary and could help with this mapping process.

In addition, it would be nice to be able to share the mapping. We have not mapped all of the codes yet, but if we have, what is the best way to add this vocabulary and the mapping to the current OMOP vocabulary?

Thanks

@MaximMoinat:

Don’t know anybody who is busy with mapping these codes, but when you are done you can hand it over and we put it into Athena. Thanks for doing this.

Hello Maxim,

I’m in Finland, we just discovered OHDSI and planing to use it.

Can you remeber how this issue ended up, and if we can continue from were you left it ??

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Javier,

In the end we focussed on a small subset of codes. We mapped just 103 codes to SNOMED. The good news is that this is open sourced and the mapping table can be found here: https://github.com/thehyve/ohdsi-etl-sweden/blob/master/mapping_tables/kva-nomesco_source_to_concept_map.csv

Hope this helps!

-edit: if you are using Usagi for the mapping, in the same repo you can find the matching usagi file (e.g. helpful if you want to apply it to your existing mapping): https://github.com/thehyve/ohdsi-etl-sweden/blob/master/usagi_mapping_files/kva-nomescoMaster.csv

Hello again @MaximMoinat

When you worked on the nomesco did you happen to have a table with the nomesco_code <-> english_name ???

We have one here.
However we discovered that some english traslations are faulty.

We are working on improving this transaltions

1 Like

I am also interested in this topic. (working with Javier a bit).
One other issue I see that a given code must have display text in Finnish and Sweedish and other Nordic languages.

e.g., for code UJD02 Sweedish: Gastroskopi

The central NOMESCO authoring “contractor” or entity must be maintaining all that.
I think we need a contact directly at NOMESCO headquarters to “attack”/“approach” this properly.
Such that our Finish language mapping can be benefical in Sweeden and all Nordic countries.

Our customer base will be larger.

t