OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Metadata and Annotations WG

Hi - I’d like to also be included in this. Thanks!

1 Like

I’d like to participate as well. Thanks for starting this group!

1 Like

All – the new WG page is now up:
http://www.ohdsi.org/web/wiki/doku.php?id=projects:workgroups:metadata_and_annotations

We’ll meet every other Friday, starting April 27, at 12 PM EST / 9 AM PST.

Some initial discussion points for our first meeting:

1. WG Goals and Deliverables
  2. Logistics (including: how do we disseminate our ideas, how do we make them standard practice?)
  3. What are your use cases? What challenges do researchers at your site face when consuming your CDM(s)?
  4. Roadmap for 2018

I know you can’t please everyone, but as a FYI, this meeting conflicts with a standing PEDSnet meeting. @razzaghih, @mgkahn and I are regulars on the PEDSnet call.

And thank you for organizing and getting this group started. It is very important work.

Does that PEDSnet meeting end at 1 pm est? Perhaps we just slot this right after?

Thanks @MPhilofsky for the tag. I would prefer 2 PM on Fridays if that works for people but if 1 is more convenient, I could try to make that work sometimes (I have another conflict then, but could try to work around it some weeks). Thanks!

1 or 2 ET works for me. Have another OHDSI meeting at 12p!

Both 1 and 2 work for me as well.

Friday afternoon is a tough time for me. Would it be possible to do it on Friday morning (before noon EST) or Thursday afternoon?

Hi - just wanted to follow up on this. @Ajit_Londhe did you decide on a time?

Hi all – let’s go for 2 pm est and adjust if necessary.

Thanks! Looking forward to this!

Hi all,

Just got back from vacation and am sick, so I’m re-scheduling our next call for May 16 at 2 pm est.

Thanks,
Ajit

@Ajit_Londhe I think I didn’t realize the meetings have already started. Was there an invite that was sent out? If there wasn’t, no problem - just want to make sure that my name is added to an email distribution list if something official went out. Thanks!

No worries, we met on April 27 and kicked off the goals and scope. The meeting dates are posted in the Wiki:
http://www.ohdsi.org/web/wiki/doku.php?id=projects:workgroups:metadata_and_annotations

I’ll be posting the meeting minutes from our first meeting by this Monday.

oh, yikes, I’m sorry I missed this… will be sure to join the next one. Thanks!

Meeting slides are now posted on the Wiki:

All – Due to Memorial Day weekend and early office closings, I have rescheduled tomorrow’s call to Wednesday May 30 at 2 pm est. Details are on the Wiki.

I missed the initial meetings and wanted to provide one comment after studying the slides.

• Another type of metadata are historical facts about organization. E.g., XeiserFenente transitioned from EHR A to EHR B on May 7th, 2001

• Or, XeiserFenente acquired 1 new big hospital on June 1, 2007 - hence more admissions are recorded. (assuming encounter locations are not in the data)

• There was epidemic of Ebola starting on date xyz. (which annotates the data) (100% change in monthly trend is explained by this - it is not an error)

• Since June 7, 2016 - we link mothers the babies and we use this EHR mechanism or this Payor-based data mechanism

So statements about a single concept (new death type introduced), about trends, but also about the institution (or location or environment) which generated the CDM data.

1 Like

Here is an elaboration on the use cases I proposed on today’s call

1. authoring study protocol or result publication
  2. determining study feasibility

I proposed to take few existing studies (e.g., canagliflozin study), and look at metadata needed for use cases above.

For 1, this page 18 from the protocol shows dataset level metadata (“description”). Existing METADATA table may support that.

second example is this table in manuscript

t