and find a lot of non-standard concepts that don’t have standard equivalents,
for example:
4010474 Practice nurse
4073296 Community nurse
4280569 Physiotherapist
and other.
Should we make them standard?
@Christian_Reich, @nzvyagina, @ericaVoss

Community nurse (occupation) SCTID: 224540001, Practice nurse (occupation) SCTID: 159002008
All concepts are already available in SNOMED-CT vocabulary which is a international Standard.

@Subhashis_Das:

That’s what @Dymshyts is asking. He is referring to these SNOMED concepts (with the concept_id, not the concept_code as you did).

Does the community believe we need to add them to the Specialties? Do folks have data containing them? Do we have use cases?

look
http://www.ohdsi.org/web/wiki/doku.php?id=documentation:cdm:provider
specialty_concept_id is A foreign key to a Standard Specialty Concept ID in the Standardized Vocabularies.
it means this column in
then http://www.ohdsi.org/web/wiki/doku.php?id=documentation:cdm:concept
standard_concept This flag determines where a Concept is a Standard Concept, i.e. is used in the data, a Classification Concept, or a non-standard Source Concept. The allowables values are ‘S’ (Standard Concept) and ‘C’ (Classification Concept), otherwise the content is NULL.

Not all SNOMED concepts are standard regarding OMOP-rules, for example SNOMED-drugs are not. Because we use RxNorm and RxNorm Extension as a standard

Here are some nurse codes where I don’t have a mapping across a few DBs (but none seem to be the ones you list)
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE
REGISTERED NURSE
TRAINED NURSE
VISITING NURSE

Would practice nurse be a nurse practitioner?

I don’t think I have physiotherapist in any of my DBs.

I saw the more options the better but I don’t think we need these on our side.

Do you mean, you have these concepts in your source data and also struggling to map them?

Great timing! I am also mapping Provider Specialty at this time. Here’s my wish list to standardize:

4223774 Medical ophthalmologist
4248840 Consultant neonatologist

@ericaVoss

The following are standard concepts:

38003772 Nursing Service Providers, Licensed Practical Nurse
38003773 Nursing Service Providers, Licensed Vocational Nurse
38003716 Nursing Service Providers, Registered Nurse

Ok,
So my team is going to look for the non-Standard concepts that don’t have Standard equivalents. And turn them to standard in the next vocabulary release.
@ericaVoss, @MPhilofsky, @nzvyagina
please help us and post here all the cases you already find where there is no Standard concept.

@Dymshyts - do you mean every time we cannot map a source code to a standard?

Yes, but can map to non-Standard concepts, so we’ll make these concepts Standard

t