OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

LOINC: document how classes are organized

@Vojtech_Huser and I are moving a Vocabulary issue to a discussion on the forum.

What are people’s thoughts on implementing an analytical roll-up to LOINC classes.

I can see the new concepts in Athena.
E.g., here

(and at the bottom)

Does anyone have documentation on how LOINC is ingested into ATHENA?

Exhibit 1

Tagging @Christian_Reich, @Dymshyts, @aostropolets

1 Like

This is a great topic and I would like to know what people think. Basically, if I need to know average weight for each month if I am studying obesity (or average LDL cholesterol, or eGFR), there may be multiple LOINC codes contributing to my aggregated view of a given lab parameter (weight). (weight measured-by-nurse-in-office vs. weight self-reported )

PCORNet aggregates several LOINC into their “nice lab data row” but it would be nice to be able to do it (in OMOP) with R package or OMOP standardized query. I would point the method to a high level LOINC concept (weight), and it would support some smart aggregation.

@Vojtech_Huser @ericaVoss

This might be of interest: https://loinc.org/groups/

Friends:

We want to create conventions of what to use in LOINC, since it is so highly redundant. Please engage in the Focus Group 1 of THEMIS.

@mvanzandt - I’m guessing this hasn’t been fully addressed by THEMIS this round?

@Dymshyts or @aostropolets could your help @Vojtech_Huser out here?

@ericaVoss Documentation: we can show the scripts :smile: We take loinc files from the official site, convert them, assign classes and domains, all as usual. What are you particularly interested in? Classes?

It was @Vojtech_Huser’s question . . . @Vojtech_Huser, let @aostropolets know what you were interested in.

Actually, please add to the documentation in http://www.ohdsi.org/web/wiki/doku.php?id=documentation:vocabulary:loinc.

1 Like

I see that the following 6 source files are ingested. What about the LOINC groups file?

see here

also, another semantic issue is relationship of 2160-0 to loinc part Ser/Plas so that I can query for all tests where axis System=Ser/Plas

or all test where Component=XYZ

t