OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Invalid concpts

Hi
I have found some of concepts become invalid/expired. But they exist in concept_relationship table as concept_id_1 and are mapped to standard concepts. Can we still keep the concept_id even they are ‘expired’ or ‘Invalid’?

Thanks,
Amy

So if they have the Maps to relationships to some standard concepts, you should use these standard ones to populate your CDM tables. Deprecation has a reason: there was something wrong with deprecated concepts or a source removed them from a list or something else. Anyway you should use the stadard ones and concept_relationship gives you the link.

@aostropolets: After searching concept_relationship table for invalid concept, We still have many invalid codes can’t be mapped to valid/standard codes. I posted a question in the other thread that you created for ‘Historic codes HCPCS and CPT4’. I am wondering if we should post all the historic/invalid codes in that thread?

Thanks,
Amy

please share the list of concepts and will figure it out

1 Like

@amy_chuang
We know about part of the problem:
There was an initiative to make the outdated HCPCS concepts standard. But it’s still not fully implemented,
look:
select * from concept where vocabulary_id= ‘HCPCS’ and invalid_reason =‘D’
and concept_code not like ‘D%’–CDT codes - so it’s wrong
and concept_class_id != ‘HCPCS Class’ – these are deprecated as it’s a wrong classification
and domain_id !=‘Drug’ – non-standard anyway, are mapped to RxNorm or RxNorm Extension

So all these concepts should be standard (mapped to itself).
And if you find something else it would be really interesting, so yes, please share

t