OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Installing Atlas on Local Computer

Hi There!

I’m hoping to installing ATLAS on my local computer which already has an MsSQL database set up. However I find the online documentation confusing and would appreciate any advice on where to start. Is there a step-through video for beginners new to software like Apache Tomcat, WebAPI, javascript that can guide us in the installation?

Thanks so much!
Regards
Hui Xing

2 Likes

Hi @hui_xing_tan,

Have you tried the Broadsea implementation, which uses Docker images?

Thanks,
Ajit

Hi Ajit! I’ve not tried broadsea implementation, docker is new to me but happy to check it out. How’s it different from the usual setup of Atlas?

There are two videos on the Wiki that address the general process of getting the OHDSI R packages up and running and are therefore relevant to setting up Achilles as well–if you want to run it directly from an R environment.

However, I strongly second @Ajit_Londhe suggestion that you use the Docker image. While there will be some slight effort associated with installing and becoming familiar with Docker, since the Achilles Docker image encapsulates and therefore hides several of the Achilles dependence form you, it is worth it–particularly in the scenario that you describe. Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like
t