OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Imputing Address: Location Domain

With regard to Caresite Location:

I am mapping All Payer Claims Data to OMOP. Specifically, my question is about the mapping of caresite location information…

We have two levels of address information for caresites: at the provider level and the provider composite level. Many providers can be mapped to one provider composite id. Point 1 - I’m using provider composite id as the true provider identifier. Point 2: there exist more addresses per provider composite id at the provider composite level when compared to the provider level. However, many provider addresses are null.

I am able to impute provider composite addresses to provider addresses when nulls are present but is this within the “spirit” of the OMOP CDM?

Thank you.

@jessicatoth:

Maybe other folks know what “provider composites” are, but I don’t. Like group practices? Hospitals?

If you think you can safely impute and fulfill use cases (e.g. the simplest being how many providers are in the same geographic location as patients) than do it. If you can’t and the provider addresses are null they won’t have reference to a LOCATION record. No worries.

One provider composite ID (per the data owner) equates to 1 provider (whether that be a facility or person). Many provider IDs can be mapped to one provider composite ID. I hope that helps!

t