OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

How to implement the most recent measurement in ATLAS

Hi @Chris_Knoll and @t_abdul_basser ,

I am wondering is it possible to implement a criterion using the most recent measurement in ATLAS?

For example, Have a most recent systolic blood pressure greater than or equal to 120 mm Hg.

I knew we can do this in initial events. But can we do this in the inclusion criteria? There is a “First Measurement Criteria” which I believe is the earliest measurement instead of the most recent measurement.

Thank you very much

1 Like

You can look for the measurement where there are 0 of those measurements between 1 day after and all days after the measurement (nested criteria).

The logic is: the last one is the one that has no others after it.

1 Like

Wow, that is smart. Good to learn. Thank you very much.

Cong

Hi @Chris_Knoll and @Cong_Liu !
I was having the same question and found this old thread with a very smart solution, thanks!
However, I believe there is an issue with the workaround, because by defining the period (1d,+inf) with respect to the first measurement, we restrict the cohort to patients without a new measurement ever again (even after cohort entry), but we would like to restrict to no measurements ever from the latest measurement pre-index, until the cohort entry date. Is there a way to ensure that the period to scan for new measurements stops at cohort entry?
Thanks in advance!!

t