OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Help with Achilles installation

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to utilize Achilles and I am having issues with the R packages. I am trying ot install them manually using the .Zip files into a Windows VDI as it is the only place that I can use that will allow me to connect to my DB. I was able to install rJava for SqlRender but when I try to use it, I get the following:

library(SqlRender)
Error in library(SqlRender) :
‘SqlRender’ is not a valid installed package

I am using the “install package from local zip files” option. Do I need to do something special for the SqlRender so I can install it as a local option? I have the same issues with DatabaseConnector and Achilles.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tona

1 Like

It appears that SqlRender is not being recognized as a valid installed package, even though you installed it without apparent error. This has been known to happen when installing packages from local files. Sometime the cause is insufficient write permissions on the local file system when installing packages; sometime the issue is mismatch between the installation path and the search paths used by the library function.
I would begin by confirming that the library paths are what you expect them to be (e.g. .libPaths() ).
I would also consider using install.packages() explicitly rather than the RStudio install wizard so that you can set the target file locations explicitly and view any errors.

1 Like
t