OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Frequently Asked Questions

We recently added an FAQ page to the CDM wiki. It has questions related to vocabulary mapping, OHDSI tools, and network research studies. These are meant to be relatively high-level for collaborators who are new to OHDSI or who may be considering converting to the Common Data Model. Please take a look if you are interested and respond to this thread if there are any other questions you think would be good to add.

Thanks!
Clair

3 Likes

@clairblacketer this is a wonderful contribution.

• To FAQ #1 - might I suggest adding this citation:

Voss EA, Makadia R, Matcho A, Ma Q, Knoll C, Schuemie M, DeFalco FJ, Londhe A,
Zhu V, Ryan PB. Feasibility and utility of applications of the common data model
to multiple, disparate observational health databases. J Am Med Inform Assoc.
2015 May;22(3):553-64. doi: 10.1093/jamia/ocu023. Epub 2015 Feb 10. PubMed PMID:
25670757; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4457111.

• FAQ #7, “common data model” should be in all caps.

Random ideas for some questions to add:

• Does OHDSI offer any training on the Common Data Model of OMOP Vocabulary?
  • How do I cite the OMOP Common Data Model or OMOP Vocabulary?
  • Where can I get a list of publications from the OMOP / OHDSI community?
  • Does the OMOP Vocabulary update and how often?
  • I think the OMOP Vocabulary is missing a key vocabulary, is it possible to add it?

That is all I got for right now. I can help you write any of the answers up if you think these are good questions to add.

Thank you @clairblacketer
I posted this link to the Korean forum.
I’ll plan to translate this page into Korean!

@ericaVoss Thank you for the suggestions, these are great! I would definitely welcome some help answering them and I think it would force us to organize some areas where we have been lacking.

@SCYou That sounds wonderful! Please let me know if any of your colleagues in Korea have any questions to add as well.

@clairblacketer I was just thinking I might want to take another pass and try to associate more citations. If someone is looking for a certain answer and find it, I think citations give extra material / more credibility.

t