OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Finding script for saying goodbye to v4.5

We would like to go from v4.5 to the current v5. I thought that I would find code for this on Github, but have not been successful in locating it. The URL that I found on a descriptive pdf brings me to a 404 (page not found).

Where should I be looking?
Thanks,
Gerry

@Pulver:

What can we do to convince you to create a proper V5.3? The upgrader really was a stop-gap solution two years ago when nobody had upgraded their ETL, yet. All the reasons we went to version 5 are still preserved in that solution. You won’t have a proper V5.

@Christian_Reich,
I would be happy to propose to the team that we go to the most current version. What approach do you suggest? I assumed that our choices were either to write our own code for the transition or use someone else’s. As my expectation is that I am not the first person to do this, writing my own code could be a waste of time.

@Pulver:

Well, what data are you using? If you are using a typical commercial database you may get a recent ETL from the community. If you have your own data I am afraid you’ll have to write it. But you can use the version you used for V4.

We build our own OMOP databases from many EHR systems. Are there ETLs available for the various EHR systems? EPIC, Cerner ,AllScripts, eMD, etc.

We had thought that it would be a relatively easy matter to change from v4.5 format to v5.x. I guess not.

@Pulver:

It is relatively easy. But instead of running a stale ETL followed by an upgrader, just fix the ETL. If you need help with that ping @gregk or @lee_evans.

t