OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Extending the CDM for Occupational Health Contexts

Have any groups extended the CDM to represent information about any of the following?

• human resource data; e.g., job title, SOC, industry, pay grade
  • worker disability claims (STD and LTD)
  • industrial hygiene data; e.g., exposure to occupational env’ts with heat, noise or particulate matter
  • workplace injuries

If so, please LMK! I’d prefer not to reinvent the wheel and it would be great to learn from your work.

-Suzanne

observation table could possibly capture many of these.

You can request new concepts in OMOP Vocabulary, however, better might be to push for inclusion of more domains from SNOMED (currently not all snomed concept types are ingested by OMOP) (only findings and procedures (I think))

For example occupation concept is a social concept concept type.

That’s interesting. What domains of snomed do we have?

We have all domains of SNOMED, the entire thing. But only those are Standard Concepts where we decided to use them. So, if you need some SNOMED concepts for Observations of the type you describe above - bring them on. But before you do that please make sure it isn’t already there. For example, Vojtech’s “Occupation” is already the happy Standard Concept concept_id=4033543.

However, switching individual concepts may be very arbitrary. SNOMED has a hierarchy. For example, there are a whole lot of occupations listed as children of 4033543. Take a look.

@Vojtech_Huser:

BTW: Talk to @vmeau or @stamang. Turns out they also want to go into the occupational health. I told them I don’t know of anybody who is, but that was not true. Well, we can all bump into each other on the 18th±.

t