OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Experiencing the Journey- An update on the artwork of Sean Williams

Many of you have asked me about the amazing artwork by Sean Williams that was on display at the OHDSI Symposium (https://www.ohdsi.org/experience-the-journey-art-by-sean-williams/), what was going to happen with those paintings, and whether it is possible to purchase either the originals or prints for your home or work. So I wanted to give the community a quick update, and provide everyone with contact information.

Sean Williams is a professional artist in Charleston, SC, and his work is featured prominently throughout the city. There will be a gallery opening to highlight his latest works, including the series of paintings that were displayed at the OHDSI Symposium. The show will be Saturday March 17 4-6pm at Revealed Gallery 119 Church St. Downtown Charleston. The show is titled “A Lowcountry Perspective on Universal Themes.”

The gallery opening was picked up by Charleston Magazine as the editor’s pick of ‘Events in Charleston for March’, and there is a nice write-up about Sean and the exhibit.

I am looking forward to visiting Charleston SC and to see Sean’s OHDSI works shared with the broader art community. It will be fascinating to see how his creative demonstration of ‘art in science’ resonates with folks who don’t necessarily have the same backstory perspective that our community shares.

The original paintings will be for sale during the show. I know two of the works have already been purchased by OHDSI community members, and Sean told me that other OHDSI collaborators who have interest can contact him and get ‘first dibs’ before others outside the community make a purchase. Also, as part of this show, and at the request of a few members of the OHDSI community, Sean has created prints of the original works at a smaller size (for those who don’t happen to have a 8ft x 4ft wall available in their home or office :grinning: ). The size of the prints vary by the original proportions of the paintings, but are generally 2-4ft x 1.5-2ft and are professionally printed on bamboo wood. I have one hanging beside me in my home office, and it makes me smile each time I see it. If anyone is interested in potentially purchasing an original or print of Sean’s work, you can contact him directly at: seanniew at yahoo dot com.

5 Likes

These are gorgeous. Wow. Is he available for commissions?

Nicholas Tatonetti, PhD | Tatonetti Lab, Columbia University

Yes, Sean does commissions. You can contact him directly if you are
interested in working with him.

I will be there!

I love this artwork! Would love to see his collection in a gallery!

He’s fabulous!!

t