OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Evolution of national observational database, natural history of sovereign db, collaboration

Hey all. Anyone with experience in one of the countries that has adopted an OHDSI standard, or has a national/ sovereign observational database. I think this is Denmark, Finland, New Zealand, South Korea and new EU. I need to make a roadmap of what milestones naturally occur on the road to generating the political support, political will, natural resources, data, people etc… that results in a vibrant nationally funded program. If I have to do this solo I will, but would rather have some partners. Am willing to do the work to clean it and publish it as a Commentary somewhere if it turns out interesting. Of course corollaries in programs like UK 100K Genomes and US PMI All of US and others.

Shawn Dolley
202-460-4660
The Shawn Dolley Company LLC
Consultant to Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Washington DC
Email: shawn@shawndolley.com
Twitter: @shawndolley

1 Like

It’s hard to describe simply for me how the the whole clinical communities and government officers in a county had been focused on the OHDSI OMOP-CDM and decide to invest a lot of funds into it.
Here is a brief description what’s going in South Korea:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WeyEDxu0RWoSTmTCXPnf1xRP6gHWsn6_/view?usp=sharing
This poster will be presented in 29 Mar 2019 European OHDSI.

2 Likes

Wow. Great poster. And does that say 97 million patients at the bottom? … that is crazy big…

Excellent. Way to go.

t