This issue is now boiling over. Folks have trouble with their source data with no way to organize non-standard vocabularies, incorporate them as concepts and map them to standard ones.
We said we’d come up with a proposal to fix this problem. Here is one:
We want to build a website for anybody to manage their data, and essentially do what the vocabulary team does on a large scale for the Standardized Vocabularies. Something like:
- Upload of spreadsheets, with or without concept_codes, including deprecations
- Manage the vocabulary_id
- If necessary, auto-create the concept_code or recognize you already have one
- Auto-create the concept_id or recognize you already have one
- Upload mapping (or later create mappings through an integrated USAGI) to standard concepts
- Maintain rules (can’t map to deprecated code, etc.)
Once you have all this, you export your new concepts together with the Standardized Vocabularies from ATHENA.
Thoughts? @mgkahn? @MPhilofsky? @mkwong? @esholle? @daniellameeker? @Mark_Danese?