OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

ERD for CDMv5

Could someone post the ERD for CDMv5. There are images of them in the pdf, for example at http://www.ohdsi.org/web/wiki/doku.php?id=documentation:cdm:standardized_clinical_data_tables (and for each of the other table domains in corresponding sections), but the text is not readable. It really comes in handy for ETL work. Thanks

@schillil:

Patrick made this one, but we wanted to re-do it anyway because it has a bad resolution. Ping me if you don’t hear in a couple days.

Until someone provides a better ERD, here is something you can use for ETL
work.

I took some liberties, like drawing foreign keys from the visit to the event tables and not tying everything back to person, it makes the ERD cleaner, but is not accurate. Also did not link up cost, provider and the like. If you play around with printing you can get the tables on two separate pages which are quite readable.

1 Like

Thanks Don!

Here is a schema in .png format, the text should be readable here.

2 Likes

How are the ERDs for the CDM documentation maintained? The standardized vocab ERD is a .PNG file. Is it generated by some software directly from DDL? Or does someone keep a Visio file or something? Ideally (in my mind, at least), the source files (or description of generation method) would be included in the documentation somewhere. Is it?

Thanks!

t