OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

EHR data to OMOP CDM Work Group

Hi there! Is there a meeting today? I’m guessing not as the Zoom hasn’t started yet?

I think they’re biweekly, so no meeting this week, and we’ll meet again next week.

Aha! Thank you. I will see you guys November 15 then as I’ll be out of town next week. Really looking forward to joining the group at last :slight_smile:

Me, too–I’ve had exactly the same problem! :smiley:

Hello Friends!

On November 15th @clairblacketer will be our guest speaker. She will be presenting & demonstrating the Data Quality Dashboard. Please see the meeting link above to join the meeting.

Hello EHR to CDM experts,

I am currently in a dilemma on which approach to choose to design observation period logic. So I felt reaching out to you folks can help me.

Can you help me with this post please?

ps - As I didn’t wish to create a post under this thread, I am linking the topic here

1 Like

Happy Friday EHR WG friends!

Today is our first meeting of the new year. We will discuss and brainstorm meeting agendas, topics and presentations for this year. The meeting time and place is unchanged, 10am EST via Zoom. https://ucdenver.zoom.us/j/4984831362

1 Like

As discussed on our WG call today, I have created a Google poll for WG topics this year. Please rank the topics 1 - 10 with 10 being the topic/demonstration you are most interested in discussing and 1 being the least favorite.

If you would like to suggest another topic, please add a comment to our WG Meeting minutes here.

1 Like

Hello EHR WG friends!

This is a friendly reminder to vote on the suggested WG presentation topics for this year (located here). The scale is 1 to 10 with 10 representing the topic most important to you. I would like to prioritize the highest rated topics for the next few months before summer vacation season is upon us.

We don’t have a topic for tomorrow’s call. We can discuss any questions people might have. EXCEPT, for the topics located on the google sheet. I would like to prepare more formal discussions for those subjects :slight_smile: Call details are unchanged and posted above!

The EHR WG will not have a meeting on Feb. 21st. Our next meeting will be held March 6, 2019.

*edited to correct the date

Assume you mean Friday Feb 21.

Thanks for the catch, @DTorok!

Hello EHR WG friends!

Thank you to everyone who participated in the WG presentation topics for 2020 poll.

The topic for this Friday’s EHR WG call is "Discussion: How Visit Occurrence and Visit Detail are implemented, decision on what is the ‘parent’ Visit”.

The CDM WG is reviewing the conventions for every table in OMOP. They discussed Visit Occurrence yesterday. I think this a very timely EHR WG topic.

Please be prepared to discuss your use cases and implementation of the table at your organization. We will use the same Zoom information as posted above.

*EDIT: As always, this discussion is NOT limited to OMOPers with EHR data. I’m curious to see if the Visit Detail table is useful for those with other types of data :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Melanie

Hello EHR WG friends!

I am canceling our meeting Friday, March 20th.

Please ignore the email cancelation. It states our next WG meeting is in May. That is incorrect. The next meeting is Friday, April 3rd. I currently don’t have access to the computer with the original invite

Tomorrow’s meeting is still on. I would like to discuss covid-19 coding in the EHR. And then open discussion on any topics.

2 Likes

@MPhilofsky - can you record this by any chance? I really want to listen in but I am unfortunately able to split multiple ways (still trying to get my twin sister to show up to calls – hasn’t worked yet :laughing: ).

Hi all,
I am trying to map from EHR to OMOP CDM. Would like to join this meeting. Is it happening on Friday at 10am EST time? (which is 1am Saturday in Sydney). Shall I join using the zoom link above?
Count me in!
Cheers,
Hung

I would also like to join today, have the same question as Hung. thanks, Sebastiaan

@hungdo1129 and @Sebastiaan_van_Sandi,

Yes, the meeting is at 10am EST. The Zoom link above is the correct link.

@krfeeney,

I’ll figure out how to record!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for joining today! Our next meeting will be on Friday, April 17th at 10am EST. Since the guidelines are rapidly evolving for encoding covid-19 Conditions/diagnoses and Measurement/lab tests in the EHR, I would like to continue our discussion at our next meeting. Please review how your EHR data is coded for covid-19 up until March 31, 2020 and then how it is coded on April 1, 2020 and later. The CDC has two separate recommendations for coding depending on the date of diagnosis and we should see a change in the representation of a covid-19 diagnosis in our data. How the data is coded in the EHR will play a significant role on how to possibly change your ETL to account for and capture this new way of coding for ETL to the CDM.

The CDC guidelines valid from February 20, 2020 through March 31, 2020 are found here

The CDC guidelines for coding beginning April 1, 2020 are here

OHDSI guidelines for mapping source concepts to standard concept_ids are here

We should see Athena updated to include the most recent ICD10CM code, U07.1, for covid-19 in the very near future.

*Edited to provide the correct 3rd link

1 Like
t