OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

COVID lab codes to add to Vocabulary

Hi all,

We’ve been looking at few CPT4 and HCPCS codes that don’t appear in Athena:

Specimen Collection, HCPCS

https://www.cms.gov/outreach-and-educationoutreachffsprovpartprogprovider-partnership-email-archive/2020-03-31-mlnc-se

• G2023 - Specimen collection for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]), any specimen source
  • G2024 - Specimen collection for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]), from an individual in a skilled nursing facility or by a laboratory on behalf of a home health agency, any specimen source

High throughput tests, CPT4

• U0004 - 2019-nCoV Coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2/2019-nCoV (COVID-19), any technique, multiple types or subtypes (includes all targets), non-CDC, making use of high throughput technologies as described by CMS-2020-01-R
  • U0003 - Infectious agent detection by nucleic acid (DNA or RNA); severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]), amplified probe technique, making use of high throughput technologies as described by CMS-2020-01-R

Antibody tests, CPT4

• 86328 — Immunoassay for infectious agent antibody(ies), qualitative or semiquantitative, single-step method (e.g., reagent strip); severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]).

• 86769 — Antibody; severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus disease [COVID-19]).

Thanks,
Ajit

Hi Ajit,
thanks for bringing this to our attention. Are you aware of other missing items or are you missing only those 6 codes?
To clarify again: the G2023 and G2023 as well as U0003 (equivalent to CPT4 87635) and U0004 go to HCPCS and the 86328 and 86769 go to CPT4.
Would you like to create a github issue in the Vocabulary section?
If you have trouble with that, please let me know!
Thanks
Mik

Thanks @mik, I’ll add the Git issue. So far, these are the ones missing, but as time moves on, I’m sure there will be others.

t