OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Condition_status_source_value / condition_status_concept_id in cdm v4

Hello, @Christian_Reich .
I am developing a converter from v 5.2 to v.4. I have a question about condition_status_source_value / condition_status_concept_id. Should we store this information for v4? Release Notes for v5.2.0 ( https://github.com/OHDSI/CommonDataModel/issues/84 ) states that to store this information in v5.0-v.5.1, the observation table created records containing condition_status and used fact_relationship to connect with condition_occurrence. Thus, for v4, we see several solutions to this problem:

1 version: Create records with
v4.observation.observation_concept_id= v5.2.condtion_occurrence.condition_status_concept_id, v4.observation.person_id=v5.2.condition_occurrence.person_id
v4.observation.date=v5.2.condition_occurrence.condtion_start_date,
v4.observation.provider_id=v5.2.condition_occurrence.provider_id, v4.observation.visit_occurrence_id=v5.2.visit_occurrence_id, v4.observation_source_value=v5.2.condition_occurrence.condition_status_source_value,
v4.observation.relevant_condition_concept_id=v5.2.condition_occurrence.condition_concept_id
in Observation table

2 version: Because most of the v5.2.condtion_occurrence.condition_status_concept_id have concept_class = Qualification value ', the next fill option will be when:
v5.2.condtion_occurrence.condition_status_concept_id=v4.observation.value_as_concept_id,
v4.observation.observation_concept_id=0, v4.observation.person_id=v5.2.condition_occurrence.person_id
v4.observation.date=v5.2.condition_occurrence.condtion_start_date,
v4.observation.provider_id=v5.2.condition_occurrence.provider_id,
v4.observation.value_as_concept_id=v5.2.condtion_occurrence.condition_status_concept_id
v4.observation.value_as_string= v5.2.condition_occurrence.condition_status_source_value
v4.observation.visit_occurrence_id=v5.2.visit_occurrence_id,
v4.observation_source_value=NULL,
v4.observation.relevant_condition_concept_id=v5.2.condition_occurrence.condition_concept_id

But, unfortunately, we are not sure how much we need to add this information to v4 and thus dilute the main data in the Observation table with the large number of rows which are already present in condition_occurrence in order to preserve this information. And if we decide to transfer this data to v4, could you please tell me which observation_type_concept_id should we use in this case? What do you think about it? Thank you for any of your thoughts.

Why always me? :smile:

Whoever decided this is a good idea - tell them it’s not. We are going to phase out V4 very soon. V6 is on the Horizon. No OHDSI tool is supporting V4 any longer.

Not sure I understand version 2: You are creating a OBSERVATION record with observation_concept_id=0, and observation_source_value=NULL. Which means, nobody will be able to find it. To have it in value_as_concept_id will not help them.

But again: I would drop this stuff entirely in V4. V4 just wasn’t made for those data.

Thank you for fast reply and sorry for delay from my side. Some of our clients still on 4.0 so we have to down-convert. And thank you very much for your advice.

t