I need to apologize for making some bad assumptions and not being as thorough in my original testing. It was bothering me that it seemed to work from SSMS, but not from Atlas. After tackling this more methodically, it seems that that's not entirely the case.
First, we had requested SQL Server 2016, but it looks like 2017 was installed:
Microsoft SQL Server 2017 (RTM) - 14.0.1000.169 (X64)
Aug 22 2017 17:04:49 Copyright (C) 2017 Microsoft Corporation
Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 6.3 <X64> (Build 9600: ) (Hypervisor)
Next, we have two environments - staging and production. Both databases were manually set up, but done at the same time from the same installer. I've confirmed versions are the same, but given that it isn't a direct clone from one to the other, I can't guarantee they are identical.
The OHDSI stack in staging and production are each running off of the Broadsea Docker containers. They were set up on different days, and the production environment has one additional commit (Fixed the R site-library volume path, 4/3/18) not on staging. These were also set up manually, but from the same set of instructions. Again, I can't rule out some difference since these aren't direct clones.
What I'm seeing:
- Query in Atlas: PASSES
- Query in SSMS: PASSES
- Query in Atlas: FAILS
- Query in SSMS: FAILS
My mistake was that I tested SSMS in staging, but used the production ATLAS app. Both databases have identical patient data loaded.