OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Build and Deploy Athena and AthenaUI

Hello,

I’m trying to get my own local instance of Athena and AthenaUI running, and I’m pretty well stuck getting the UI portion up and running. It took some doing and I’ve written up decent notes that I might submit back as a PR for the Athena project, but I’m pretty confident I have that up and running now. However, the entirety of the README.md for AthenaUI says “npm run start”, and that’s not getting me anywhere.

I’ve got an Ubuntu 18.04 server (although I’ve tried this under RHEL 7 with more or less the same results). I’ve installed OpenJDK 8, maven 3.5, postgres 10, nodejs and npm from the stock repos. Considerable googling has led me to believe that I needed a more recent version of nodejs and npm than ship stock - and it wouldn’t build at all with the stock versions - so I’ve upgraded to nodejs v 8.10.0 and npm 6.2.0. At this point, I can run mvn clean package in the AthenaUI project directory, and it’ll build OK. After that, npm run start errors out:

Athena@0.1.0 start /home/ubuntu/athena/AthenaUI
webpack-dev-server --hot --inline --env.mode dev

internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:583
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module ‘…/lib/util/addDevServerEntrypoints’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:581:15)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:507:25)
at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:637:17)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)
at Object. (/home/ubuntu/athena/AthenaUI/node_modules/.bin/webpack-dev-server:9:33)
at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:689:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:700:10)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:599:32)
at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:538:12)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:530:3)
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! Athena@0.1.0 start: webpack-dev-server --hot --inline --env.mode dev
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the Athena@0.1.0 start script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /home/ubuntu/.npm/_logs/2018-08-27T13_33_51_762Z-debug.log

The log file it lists above just contains the same content. Can somebody help me figure out what I’m missing here?

Thanks,
David

Hey David,
I believe you need to do npm install (once) before npm run start

Thanks for the tip. I tried that, and I’m still getting the same error message. What else should I look for?

t