OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

ATC Working Group: Meeting Agenda and Minutes


(Hamed Abedtash) #9

Meeting Agenda (June 15, 2018)

  • Progress report by Hamed
  • Discussion

Looking forward to talking to you all tomorrow at 12:30pm.


(Hamed Abedtash) #10

Meeting Minutes (June 15, 2018)

Attendees:
Hamed Abedtash, Qi Yang, Christian Reich, Soo Yeon Cho, Maxim Moniat, Mustafa Ascha

Discussions:

  • Hamed presented the proposal to collect metadata on ATC classes.
  • Need to prioritize ATC classes for capturing metadata on them.

Tasks:

  • Dima: Try out grabber if it can help us get ATC metadata from the website faster.
  • Hamed and Soo: Continue collecting metadata for ATC classes.

(Hamed Abedtash) #11

Meeting Agenda (June 29, 2018)

  • Progress report by Hamed
  • Discussion

Looking forward to talking to you all tomorrow at 12:30pm.


(Hamed Abedtash) #12

Meeting Minutes (June 29, 2018)

Attendees:
Hamed Abedtash, Qi Yang, Soo Yeon Cho, Dmitry, Robert Carroll

Discussions:

  • Hamed presented the text processing workflow to capture metadata about ATC classes from ATC webpages.
  • Dima presented the results of DDD captured from ATC website.

Tasks:

  • Hamed will continue working on capturing metadata on ATC classes.
  • A review committee will review the results later.

(Hamed Abedtash) #13

NO MEETING on July 13th. We will discuss the constraints and principles of ATC classes captured from WHO website next time.


(Hamed Abedtash) #14

Meeting Agenda (July 27, 2018)

  • Progress report by Hamed
  • Discussion

Looking forward to talking to you all tomorrow at 12:30pm.


(Hamed Abedtash) #15

Meeting Agenda (August 10, 2018)

  • Progress report by Hamed
  • Review mappings so far
  • Task assignment
  • Discussion

Looking forward to talking to you all on Friday at 12:30pm ET.


(Hamed Abedtash) #16

Meeting Minutes (August 10, 2018)

Attendees:
Hamed Abedtash, Soo Yeon Cho, Dmytry, Anna Ostropolets

Discussions:

  • Need to finalize list of allowed ingredients (inclusions and exclusions) in each class
  • DDDs may help in some cases find the correct class, eg, finasteride
  • Hamed: List of allowed route of administration in each class is ready. Hamed will send the list to Soo to review.
  • Anna: We have done some work on ATC mapping. The group may continue to work with her to optimize the pipeline.
  • Hamed: We need to create separate lists for included/excluded ingredients, dose forms, indications, etc. that will make the mapping process easier and sustainable for future iterations.

Tasks:

  • Hamed creates the list of allowed indications.
  • Soo will review allowed ROA table.
  • Anna will integrate ROA, and will send Hamed the list of active ingredients of ATC classes along with a short draft of mapping steps.

(Hamed Abedtash) #17

Meeting Agenda (September 7, 2018)

  • Progress report by Hamed
  • Task assignment
  • Discussion

Looking forward to talking to you all on Friday at 12:30pm ET.


(Christian Reich) #18

@abedtash_hamed:

Let’s try to ratify the current mapping. It still doesn’t do a good job on the combinations, the different indications and dose. Anna and I are looking at it. We will review tomorrow what we find. 100% better than nothing (what we have now). The better is the enemy of the good.


(Vojtech Huser) #19

Can someone post any brief minutes of the Sep 7th meeting. (and any plans for future meetings?)


(Hamed Abedtash) #20

@Vojtech_Huser We had a change in today’s meeting. We are meeting 1-2 pm ET. I’ll post the minute shortly as well.


(Hamed Abedtash) #21

Meeting Minutes (September 7, 2018)

Attendees:
Hamed Abedtash, Christian, Anna Ostropolets, Dmytry, Robert Carroll

Discussions:

Anna:
• Use current ATC to RxNorm mapping
• Add the route of administration through SPL mapping (from Hamed), and de-ambiguate further
• Introduce rule of combinations only containing ingredients from the same ATC3, where appropriate, and de-ambiguate further
• Resolve Hamed’s list of combination classes for inclusion and exclusion and de-ambiguate further
• Introduce DrugBank as new source vocabulary to RxNorm, for future daily dose
• Introduce Norwegian source vocabulary through RxNorm Extension, check for ATC mapping discrepancies

Hamed:
• Prepare insulins, coagulation factors and vaccines and add source of species heuristic
• Prepare indication heuristics
• Routes were captured SPLs, and ready to be incorporated into the pipeline.


Mapping ndc codes to higher level drug classes
(Christian Reich) #22

@abedtash_hamed:

Requested full repository from the Norwegian authorities, and registered for DrugBank, now awaiting vetting. Should be straightforward.


(Hamed Abedtash) #23

Meeting Agenda (October 5, 2018)

  • Progress report by Anna and Soo
  • Planning for initial validation of the mappings that Anna has populated.

Looking forward to talking to you all on Friday at 12:30pm ET. Please join via Skype: https://meet.lilly.com/abedtash_hamed/53B8L6JC


(Hamed Abedtash) #24

Meeting Agenda (October 19, 2018)

  • Discuss Anna’s list
  • Planning for the next step and release date

Looking forward to talking to you all on Friday at 12:30pm ET. Please join via Skype: https://meet.lilly.com/abedtash_hamed/53B8L6JC


(Hamed Abedtash) #25

Meeting Minutes (October 19, 2018)

Attendees:
Hamed, Qi, Anna

Discussion:

  • Once the mapping of 6 selected drug concept classes are done, we go back to other types of classes if they can be included in the ATC mapping.
  • We need to discuss with vocabulary WG if we want to keep ATC as a standard vocab because it will potentially make some problems with RxNorm-ATC mapping if data source has ATC codes.

Actions:

  • Hamed will send the reviewed mappings to Anna to finalize the list.
  • Anna will send the full list of mappings to Hamed for final review.

(Hamed Abedtash) #26

Meeting Agenda (November 2, 2018)

  • Progress report
  • Discuss potential issues with databases that use ATC for coding drug exposures
  • Plan for initial release

Looking forward to talking to you all on Friday at 12:30pm ET. Please join via Skype: https://meet.lilly.com/abedtash_hamed/53B8L6JC


(Hamed Abedtash) #28

Meeting Agenda (November 30, 2018)

  • Progress report
  • Plan for initial release

Looking forward to talking to you all on Friday at 12:30pm ET. Please join via Skype: https://meet.lilly.com/abedtash_hamed/53B8L6JC


(Hamed Abedtash) #29

Meeting Minutes (November 30, 2018)

Attendees:
Hamed, Qi, Anna, Peter, Christian

Discussion:

  • The “first iteration” of new ATC mappings will be released by end of December 2018.
  • The group will start writing the Cook Book January 2019 that will eventually go to the OHDSI Book.
  • Sample SQL scripts and best practice will be released shortly after the first release.

Actions:

  • Anna will send the full list of mappings to Hamed for final review.

New WG - Book of OHDSI
t