OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Anyone working on opioid crisis related projects?

Folks, I am engaging with some stakeholders with funding opportunities for work related to preventing, stopping, understanding the US opioid addiction public health crisis. If anyone here is doing or interested in working in this area, can you let me know at sdolley@cloudera.com or dial 202.460.4660?

Hi,

I have been working in this area collaborating with Gloucester MA Fire Department for many years - collecting pre-hospital electronic Patient Care (ePCR) record data and providing analytics as part of our Emergency Medical Service (EMS) continuous Quality Improvement (cQI) platform. Within the context of OMOP - our group at Tufts Medical Center is working to expand the utilization of OMOP into the EMS domain to further our opiate work as well as many other topics in cardiovascular, trauma, and other topics that is unique to emergency medicine. I’d be interested in understanding your interests and efforts.

Hi Shawn
I’m interested in finding out more.
Andrew

I’m interested too. We are in process of setting up OMOP (still a couple of months away). We’ve done some prelim work using claims data for about 800k members. Would love to get involved in something like this.

FR

Hi Fred, Are you using in-hospital data only as you refer to claims data. I’m interested in using EMS data to drive preventive and community programs - so utilizing detailed treatment data instead of claims or ICD9/10 type data.

Hello - I am interested in finding out more as well. Thank you.
Mahsa

At my institution, I know that we have studies on opoids. We are using non-OMOP-CDM database but we hope to repeat the study in OHDSI style (on OMOP CDM)

We are using all med claims (inpatient/outpatient/ambulatory) and Rx claims.

FR

Hi all. Thanks for the interest. I assumed anyone monitoring the ‘Researchers’ thread was a researcher with data; I did receive some communication from individuals like me who are in commercial companies.I should have stated that I am hoping to converse with researchers who are academics or other not-for-profit style researchers/epidemiologists with access to their own data, even if their own data may only be used as ‘controls’ or to test. Apologies for my naivete. I have contact info for Andrew and Mahsa and Vojtech, but I do not for Fred @farbodr so let me know if someone knows who he is. Thanks for I will revert to the posters under separate cover.

@shawndolley:

Email address in a separate email.

@shawndolley @mkwong
I’m a post-doctoral fellow at Columbia. We’ve been working on an opioid project and I’ll be presenting some of our findings at the NLM conference this coming June, but would be very interested in discussing and collaborating. My study is really only concentrating on a specific aspect of the epidemic.

Hi,

We (Tufts CTSI/ICRHPS) are indirectly working with Columbia in other areas - what may I ask is your specific focus. I can wait until you have presented your findings at NLM. I’m hoping to have an Emergency Medicine Service database across multiple states by the end of 2017 or early 2018 to do some work in opiates in the pre-hospital setting - implemented onto an extended version of OMOP v5.

That sounds very interesting, and has the potential to save lives. Let’s discuss via email: bhs2133@cumc.columbia.edu

t