OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Any recommendations on groups which can help implementing the CDM?

Hi,
I am a new member, so please let me know if I should post the question in other places. I am from Novartis and looking for recommendations on CDM implementation
WE have a very interesting discussion with Patrick this week and some of our colleagues got convinced the CDM model can bring over a lot of benefits into our daily work.
However, I have to say Novartis is a little bit slow on this perspective, and currently we do not think we have the dedicated people who can do this kind of work, I am just wondering whether any experts here have some recommendations on any experienced groups/vendors we could work with to get this done in a more efficient way.

Any inputs would be highly appreciated and just for background info. we do not aim at any new data, just some popular EMR/claim data like Truven and CPRD etc.
Thanks

Changgeng (Outcome evidence and analytics- Novartis)

Changeng:

Where are you located?

Best,
Christian

we are in NJ USA east hanover, but we are willing to work with any good groups any place around

Hi @changgengzhao and the Novartis team, welcome to the OHDSI community.

There have been a couple prior threads about support for CDM conversion.
In the forums, you can search the prior discussions to relive the
conversations. Here’s a link to one that may be useful for you:
CDM conversion vendors. I know there are
others in the community providing groups like yours support, so will let
them chime in as well.

Cheers,

Patrick

Changgeng:

If you want, I’d be happy to take a look at your situation to find out what is appropriate, what you need, what you could do from the public domain stuff and where to hire a group.

Christian

Hi @changgengzhao. I would also be interested in chatting with you regarding CDM conversions and implementation. I have some contacts that have experience with Truven and CPRD (and others) and the OMOP CDM - who could potentially help with translating and implementing your requirements into solutions based on the CDM. I am located in PA.

Steve

There are a lot of good tools that exist, and that are under development. Patrick and Christian can guide you through much of the initial orientation. @wstephens and Signet Accel do work on ETL, as does @mkhayter and Ephir. I have put a short description of our company under the link that Patrick provided above.

Hi Changgeng,
Ephir has been doing dataset conversions for OMOP for over 5 years now.
Over 20 distinct datasets converted to CDM.
Let me know if you need some help.

Thanks,
Mark

Thank you so much all for the valuable information and quick responses.

Do you prefer my sending private messages to talk more or just talk about it here?

Steve
Thanks so much for your offering to help
Sorry for being very new here, are you having a group to offer this kind of service or you have some contacts you worked with who offer this kind of service?

thanks a lot

Christian
thanks a lot for your help.
if it is OK, please shoot me an email @ changgeng.zhao@novartis.com, then we coudl talk more
thanks again and nice day

Hi Changgeng: If you’ve got general questions about the CDM implementation
process or technical issues with your ETL conversion, the forums are a
great place to have those conversations and to get the collective wisdom of
the community.

If you’re looking to set up a specific contractual arrangement between
Novartis and a service provider, you’ll probably find that best to discuss
privately.

Cheers,

Patrick

t